Health and Safety Signs
You can buy all your Health and Safety signs here.
There are no results for this search
Safety signs or Health and Safety signs used in the UK are covered by legislation and regulated by a various standards. The most important of these is BS5499. Safety signs use standard safety symbols to make understanding their meaning as simple and easy as possible.
There are 5 main types of safety sign. The legal definitions (and some examples) are as follows:
- An "emergency escape or first-aid sign" (often called a 'safe condition sign') is a sign giving information on escape routes or emergency exits or first-aid or rescue facilities. These safety signs are required to be green. Safe Condition signs indicate the behaviour, action or route leading to safety - for example Fire Exit Signs or an Emergency Stop Sign are both safe condition signs. Safe condition signs generally use a white safety symbol on a green background.
- A "fire safety sign" means a sign (including an illuminated sign or an acoustic signal) which (i) provides information on escape routes and emergency exits in case of fire; (ii) provides information on the identification or location of fire-fighting equipment; or (iii) gives warning in case of fire. These safety signs are required to be red. The most common fire safety signs are used to indicate locations and types of fire extinguisher. Fire safety signs generally use a white safety symbol on a red background.
- A "mandatory sign" means a sign prescribing behaviour. These signs are required to be blue. This means the sign tells you something you must do in order to stay safe - an example of one type of mandatory signs are PPE signs (personal protective equipment) telling you when and where you must use this safety measure. Mandatory safety signs generally use a white safety symbol on a blue background.
- A "prohibition sign" means a sign prohibiting behaviour likely to cause a risk to health or safety. These signs are required to be red. This means that prohibtion signs tell you what you cannot do, an example is no smoking signs. Prohibtion safety signs generally use a black safety symbol in a red circle with a diagonal cross through.
- A "warning sign" means a sign giving a warning of a risk to health or safety. These signs are required to be yellow or amber. Warning Signs indicate a hazard or danger about which you should take care - an example is electrical warning signs. Warning signs are also known as caution signs or hazard signs. Warning safety signs generally use a black safety symbol on a yellow background, in a triangle with a black border.
- Fire Safety Signs
- No Smoking / Smoking Sign
- Warning Signs
- Security & CCTV Signs
- No Entry / Restricted Access
- Road and Parking
- Door / Office Sign & Glass Safety
- Signs By Trade / Business
- Signs By Classification
- Fixings and Hanging Kits
- Custom Signs
- First Aid
- Toilets & Hygiene
- Glass Awareness Stickers
- Health & Safety Posters
- Funny Safety Signs
- Charity Products
- Famous Film Signs
- E-cigarette Signs
- New Signs