Wolverhampton firm fined over work at height practices
A Wolverhampton company has been fined after being found guilty of failing to suitably protect its employees, highlighting the importance of safety signs.
Alexson Homes was charged in relation to work carried out by three men on the roof of a former children's home in Brereton on February 8th 2010.
An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) found that there were no measures in place to prevent them from falling five metres to the ground.
The body concluded that the roof edge should have been fitted with scaffold edge protection and a rubble chute, which would also have protected other workers on the site.
At a Stafford Magistrates' Court hearing, the company admitted breaching Regulations 6(3) and 10(3) of the Work at Height Regulations 2005 and was fined Ã‚Â£6,600 and ordered to pay costs of Ã‚Â£900.
"All too often HSE inspectors are called out to serious or fatal incidents in roof work where the precautions are minimal or absent - it is simply not good enough," said HSE inspector Martin Overstall.
"Alexson Homes Limited was extremely lucky that no one was injured when working in such unsafe conditions."
Meanwhile, Woodgate Sawmills and Longhope Welding Company were both given five-figure fines recently after a man sustained severe damage to his head following a fall through a fragile skylight.
Posted by Nicole Stevens
There are no results for this search
- Fire Safety Signs
- No Smoking / Smoking Sign
- Warning Signs
- Security & CCTV Signs
- No Entry / Restricted Access
- Road and Parking
- Door / Office Sign & Glass Safety
- Signs By Trade / Business
- Signs By Classification
- Fixings and Hanging Kits
- Custom Signs
- First Aid
- Toilets & Hygiene
- Glass Awareness Stickers
- Health & Safety Posters
- Funny Safety Signs
- Charity Products
- Famous Film Signs
- E-cigarette Signs
- New Signs