Warning signs needed after quicksand danger
Posted by Jason Nicholls.
A walker who got stuck in quicksand on a public beach in Wales has said warning signs are needed at the site.
According to the Leader, Kathleen Wood from Buckley was out walking her Labrador with husband Peter on Talacre beach, when she walked into quicksand and became trapped.
Mrs Wood said she struggled to get out and was "starting to panic".
She did manage to get out of danger eventually, but lost her shoes while doing so.
The dog walker is now calling for warning signs to alert other members of the public.
She told the news provider: "If it had been a child or a small person they would never have got out.
"My biggest concern is that it's the school holidays now and children will be playing on the beach. I want to warn people of the dangers. This is a really serious matter."
Earlier this month warning signs were erected at a lake in Manchester due to dangerous algae.
There are no results for this search
- Fire Safety Signs
- No Smoking / Smoking Sign
- Warning Signs
- Security & CCTV Signs
- No Entry / Restricted Access
- Road and Parking
- Door / Office Sign & Glass Safety
- Signs By Trade / Business
- Signs By Classification
- Fixings and Hanging Kits
- Custom Signs
- First Aid
- Toilets & Hygiene
- Glass Awareness Stickers
- Health & Safety Posters
- Funny Safety Signs
- Charity Products
- Famous Film Signs
- E-cigarette Signs
- New Signs