Unregistered plumber caught out by the HSE
A plumber who illegally carried out work on gas boilers at two homes in Essex has been fined, it was confirmed on Monday (May 24th).
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) discovered that the man replaced boilers at properties in Rayleigh and Southend between May and September 2009, using false registration details.
He was exposed after both homeowners lodged complaints with Gas Safe, which in turn alerted the HSE, with a subsequent investigation finding that one of the installations was immediately dangerous.
The man pleaded guilty to breaching Regulation 3(3) of the Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998 and Section 3(2) of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974.
At a Southend Magistrates' Court hearing, he was fined £850 and ordered to pay £500 in costs.
"It is illegal for an unregistered person to carry out work on a gas appliance," said HSE inspector Steve Hook.
"When unqualified workers try to bypass the law in this way they are not only putting themselves at risk of prosecution and a large fine, they are also putting their customers' lives at risk."
Earlier this week, Garage Bow Street was issued with a six-month conditional discharge after ignoring an HSE prohibition notice relating to a gas heater which was emitting carbon monoxide.
Posted by Nicole Stevens
There are no results for this search
- Fire Safety Signs
- No Smoking / Smoking Sign
- Warning Signs
- Security & CCTV Signs
- No Entry / Restricted Access
- Road and Parking
- Door / Office Sign & Glass Safety
- Signs By Trade / Business
- Signs By Classification
- Fixings and Hanging Kits
- Custom Signs
- First Aid
- Toilets & Hygiene
- Glass Awareness Stickers
- Health & Safety Posters
- Funny Safety Signs
- Charity Products
- Famous Film Signs
- E-cigarette Signs
- New Signs