Safety Signs News

Stirling Council staff exposed to asbestos

15th August 2012 | Health and Safety Signs

Posted by Ben Alexander

Workers at Stirling Council were recently exposed to asbestos when cleaning up a boiler room.

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is believed to be conducting an investigation after staff were allowed to work in the Old Viewforth basement, an area that had been labelled an asbestos risk for nearly ten years, according to the Stirling Observer.

A report due before the panel officials reads : "Access to the boiler room and basement were forbidden but before receipt of the report the council’s caretakers had been asked to clean up the boiler room, which had been untidy, and this involved sweeping the floor."

The council will also evaluate its procedures to ensure that all work is recorded, particularly tasks that involve the removal of asbestos.

The substance kills roughly 4000 people a year, meaning that it is vital that workers are not exposed to it, while safety signs should be put up to indicate when it is being removed.ADNFCR-2754-ID-801429221-ADNFCR


There are no results for this search


Related Articles

Add £50 for free Standard shipping

Customer Feedback:

Safety Signs products and graphics © 2009 Viking Signs Ltd. eCommerce website © 2009 Mew Media Ltd.