Safety Signs News

Plymouth engineer puts life in danger

21st October 2013 | Health and Safety Signs

Posted by Jason Nicholls

A Plymouth gas engineer endangered the life of a pensioner by leaving a fire in an unsafe condition.

Daniel Wiles, 31, from Wesley Place in Plymouth, failed to properly clean the appliance at a home in Villiers Close in the city, before then failing to declare the property at risk.

Mr Wiles was fined £600 and ordered to pay £1,500 in costs and £80 compensation at Plymouth Magistrates Court after pleading guilty to a breach of the Gas Safety Regulations 1998.

HSE Inspector Simon Jones said: "Mr Wiles’ failure to declare the fire “at risk” put a pensioner’s life in danger and his neglect could have had tragic consequences. Members of the public who put their trust in gas engineers have a right to expect the work will be done thoroughly."

He added that the gas fire should have been properly cleaned, declared unsafe and then isolated due to the poor seal.ADNFCR-2754-ID-801651508-ADNFCR


There are no results for this search


Related Articles

Add £50 for free Standard shipping

Customer Feedback:

Safety Signs products and graphics © 2009 Viking Signs Ltd. eCommerce website © 2009 Mew Media Ltd.