No smoking signs up prior to gas leak
Posted by Ben Alexander
Workmen erected no smoking signs to alert residents in Basildon about a potential gas leak.
Five homes were evacuated in the town's Sandon Road yesterday after a member of the public reported smelling gas, the Echo reported.
Engineers, the police and the fire service all attended the scene, and undertook safety precautions to limit potential danger.
Jill Cox, who lives nearby, told the newspaper workmen undertaking works on the road had taken precautions.
"They put up no smoking signs, warning residents not to light up near the work area," she said.
Fire officer Craig Mcleuan, from the fire service, told the newspaper: "When we arrived on the scene we set up a safety exclusion zone, and laid out a cover jet as a precaution to avoid any possibility of a fire.
"I am pleased to say the National Grid successfully stopped the leak."
Earlier this year the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) issued a warning to landlords to ensure gas installations in their properties are safe and that they are annually checked by a competent registered gas installer.
There are no results for this search
- Fire Safety Signs
- No Smoking / Smoking Sign
- Warning Signs
- Security & CCTV Signs
- No Entry / Restricted Access
- Road and Parking
- Door / Office Sign & Glass Safety
- Signs By Trade / Business
- Signs By Classification
- Fixings and Hanging Kits
- Custom Signs
- First Aid
- Toilets & Hygiene
- Glass Awareness Stickers
- Health & Safety Posters
- Funny Safety Signs
- Charity Products
- Famous Film Signs
- E-cigarette Signs
- New Signs