Safety Signs News

Gas engineers risk family safety at Devon home

19th September 2013 | Health and Safety Signs

Posted by Jason Nicholls

Three gas engineers have been prosecuted after failing to spot and rectify gas failings at a rented home in Devon.

A prosecution brought by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) found that Stephen Carter, Matthew Carter and Brian McManus separately completed annual gas safety checks on behalf of a landlord, but did not take obvious worries into account.

It was found that inadequate ventilation for the fire and back boiler was provided, while the fire surround was not properly sealed.

HSE inspector Simon Jones said: "The issues relating to ventilation and sealing should have been identified and dealt with. Instead the landlord's tenants were put at unnecessary risk and were misled into believing the gas appliances were safe to use."

Mr Jones continued by saying that the three engineers failed in their duty to identify and repair serious safety injuries, causing them to fall short of the standards expected of registered professionals.

Stephen Carter, Matthew Carter and Brian McManus were all prosecuted by the HSE, with each of them fined £750.ADNFCR-2754-ID-801639473-ADNFCR


There are no results for this search


Related Articles

Add £50 for free Standard shipping

Customer Feedback:

Safety Signs products and graphics © 2009 Viking Signs Ltd. eCommerce website © 2009 Mew Media Ltd.