Safety Signs News

Firefighters give safety advice after Somerset chimney blazes

17th April 2012 | Fire Signs

Posted by Jason Nicholls

Fire safety advice has been handed out after a number of chimney blazes were dealt with in Somerset recently.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue had to attend five incidents last weekend (April 14th and 15th), with many households looking to stay warm in the current chilly conditions by lighting fires.

Mike Burroughs, fire investigation officer, told "Without proper maintenance a chimney can become dangerous. To keep yourself and your family safe from fire, you should take care to have your chimney swept regularly, depending upon what fuel you burn."

Fire safety signs could point towards the nearest fire extinguisher, while a smoke alarm is also a crucial piece of apparatus for warning families if there is a problem.

The Buckinghamshire Herald reported on another chimney fire at Grendon Underwood Combined School.

It was caused by a bird's nest which had become lodged between the brickwork and then set on fire when the boilers were started up.ADNFCR-2754-ID-801341933-ADNFCR


There are no results for this search


Related Articles

Add £50 for free Standard shipping

Customer Feedback:

Safety Signs products and graphics © 2009 Viking Signs Ltd. eCommerce website © 2009 Mew Media Ltd.