Crooked gas worker jailed for breaching HSE safety notice
A gas worker from Aberdare has been sent to prison after failing to comply with an official prohibition notice, it has been confirmed.
The 55-year-old spent four months behind bars in July 2007 after the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) found that he had been carrying out work without suitable accreditation.
However, a further investigation by the HSE discovered that the self-employed man had installed a combination boiler at a property in Brecon in November 2008 which was deemed 'at risk'.
The man pleaded guilty to breaching Section 22 of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 at a Brecon Magistrates' Court hearing and was sentenced to six months in jail.
"This was little more than an amateur doing work that by law must be done by a professional," said HSE inspector Hugh Emment.
"In this case, it was fortunate that the householder recognised the shoddy standard of work and contacted Trading Standards."
Earlier this week, Hickman Engineering was fined £3,000 after one of its workers suffered an electric shock, sustaining burns to his legs, chest, fingers and wrist.
Posted by Nicole Stevens
There are no results for this search
- Fire Safety Signs
- No Smoking / Smoking Sign
- Warning Signs
- Security & CCTV Signs
- No Entry / Restricted Access
- Road and Parking
- Door / Office Sign & Glass Safety
- Signs By Trade / Business
- Signs By Classification
- Fixings and Hanging Kits
- Custom Signs
- First Aid
- Toilets & Hygiene
- Glass Awareness Stickers
- Health & Safety Posters
- Funny Safety Signs
- Charity Products
- Famous Film Signs
- E-cigarette Signs
- New Signs